Everything you need to know about my online business blogging sessions
Are you thinking of investing in some private training to learn how to blog for your business? Maybe you don’t quite feel ready to outsource your writing just yet but are willing to give business blogging a serious go. Or maybe you’ve been blogging on and off for a while but want to get better at it? Then a 1-to-1 Zoom call where you can learn exactly what you need to learn may be the answer! So if you’re wondering whether my online business blogging sessions is right for you, this post should help you make an informed decision.
Who are my online 1-to-1 business blogging sessions for?
My 1-to-1 training on business blogging is designed for the person or people in your business who are in charge of content marketing strategy and execution. In other words, this is perfect for whoever in your business decides what to blog about and writes the actual blog posts. If you’re a personal brand or a solopreneur, this often means that these sessions are for you.
If you’re a small business or an agency and already have someone on board who’s helping you with the creation of blog content and want them to learn how to make sure the content you publish on your website works for you, your audience, and your business, then you might want to bring them along to the session.
Do you only cover certain industries or niches?
No. As a Content Writer, I create blog content for a variety of businesses. I’ve given training to business owners in different industries in the past, and I love that! There’s always something to learn from what works for people with businesses in different fields from yours.
Some of my past clients include Professional Declutterers and Organisers, Hypnotherapists, Life Coaches, Yoga Instructors, Image and Colour Consultants, Virtual Assistants, etc.
My sessions are about understanding how to make the most of your content for your individual business. And while the type of content you decide to create at the back of our training will vary depending on what you do and what type of business you run, this is about helping you learn about the content marketing and business blogging principles, strategies, and techniques that will make a difference to your business.
What problems can you help me solve with your 1-to-1 online training on business blogging?
That depends on the exact problems you are experiencing right now. But here are some of the things you may be struggling with and that I’ve helped other clients with.
- You’re a confident writer, but you’re not sure how to write content for your own business.
- You’ve tried blogging before but feel you spend way too much time writing – the only way you see to make this work for you and stay consistent is to learn how to blog in less time.
- Even though you have ideas for blog posts and maybe have published some content before, you’re just not sure about the topics you’re blogging about. Is this even what your audience wants to read? Is the content ‘right’ for your business?
- You’ve heard about SEO but find the whole thing confusing and overwhelming. You don’t want to take courses or read complicated books – all you want is for someone to break it all down for you, teach you the basics, and explain what you need to do.
- Or maybe you’ve written a few blog posts in the past but would like some honest feedback on how to improve them.
Does this sound like you? Then maybe you want to find out more about what I can teach you…
What will I learn from booking a 1-to-1 with you?
Well, that depends entirely on what you want and need to learn. But here are some of the things that my previous 1-to-1 clients have asked me to teach them:
- How to write for the internet – because writing blog posts for your business is quite different from writing essays for school or corporate reports.
- Ideas for blog posts – how to come up with the right type of content for your business and prioritise the most effective pieces of content first.
- How to create a content calendar for your business to help you write regularly and consistently.
- How to write content that ticks all the right boxes and works for your audience, for SEO, and for your specific business.
- Writing content that saves you time and tells your prospective clients about what it’s like to work with you (this blog post is very much an example of that!).
- On-page content optimisation – i.e. how to help more of your ideal clients find your blog posts. Or, the dreaded SEO. (Don’t worry – it’s not as scary as it sounds!) So if you want to learn about meta descriptions, Alt Text, and optimised URLs, we can do this together.
- How to batch-write your blog posts using my 5-step process.
- How to improve your blog posts, including feedback on your existing content – if you have any. This is also available as a separate service called Online Blog Review.
- Writing engaging content that keeps people’s attention and shows you’re the right business for them.
- How to re-purpose content for your social media channels.
- How to promote your blog content to drive more traffic to your website.
If it all sounds super interesting, you can ‘pick & mix’ from these topics and even add your own. But we only have 90 minutes together, so we’ll prioritise based on your requirements and content marketing goals.
Are your 1-to-1 training sessions tailored to me?
Yes! The content of my Zoom sessions is entirely tailored to you, to your business, and to your individual needs. I have no interest in teaching you something that you already know or that you’re not going to be using!
If you’re considering booking this session, it’s likely you and I have already had a face-to-face, email, or phone conversation about this. Chances are you’ve already told me what you want to get out of our time together.
But to make 100% sure that the content works for you, in preparation for our 1-to-1, I’ll send you a short questionnaire (via email) that you can complete in your own time. Don’t worry – I know you’re busy, and it won’t take you long to fill it in (15-30 mins max). The questions help me work out what your priorities are and prepare the content for our session.
What if I don’t write blog posts?
I’ve created this service to help people with business blogging, so ideally, if you haven’t started yet, you’d be booking this training so you can get started.
Having said that, a lot of the principles you’ll learn during our training session can be applied to other types of marketing content, and I’ve had clients who decided to use what they learnt to improve their social media and newsletter content. What you do with what you learn is up to you, but if you wish to focus the session on other aspects of content marketing, drop me an email at email@example.com, and we can talk about your individual requirements.
When can we have the 1-to-1 Zoom session?
We’ll have the session at a mutually agreed time. After you book your 90-minute training, I’ll send you some slots so you can pick a time that suits you. All I ask is that you give me a week (7 days) between receiving the answers to my short questionnaire and our scheduled 1-to-1, so I can organise the content into a tailored presentation that focuses on exactly what you want to learn.
What happens if I need more help after our session?
I’ll share the presentation I prepared for you, so you can go back to it whenever you need to. It also means you don’t need to take too many notes during the session, unless you want to, of course!
If you have any quick follow-up questions on the content we covered, please do get in touch and ask away. And if you take action and start blogging and would like some feedback on your first few posts, you can book an Online Blog Review with me. As a returning 1-to-1 client, I’m happy to give you a 20% discount on this service. So if you’re interested, do get in touch before you book.
Would you like to book an online business blogging session with me?
If you have any more questions about the business blogging service that weren’t answered in this blog post on my service page, please reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or simply fill in the Contact form on my website, and I’ll email you back! And if you’re rearing to go and want to book an online business blogging session with me, here’s the link.